I’m just a humble little sewing box

I happened to be looking through my blog stats over the weekend and I discovered something that really surprised me.

See this humble little paper mache box. . .

 

Yes that little round black box in the background . . .

Well. . . it has been viewed and downloaded over 5,000+ times.

Really!!

This is a project that almost didn’t make it as a blog post.

It first appeared back here on May 9th last year.

I made it on a Monday. . . a day which I described myself in my post as feeling lacklustre, with no oomph for working.

This was merely a necessity project for the studio.

A little box. . . who’s sole task was to sit in the middle of the classroom table to hold cotton reels.

It really was such a simple project.

I wasn’t sure it would even be an interesting post. . . but with nothing else to post about on that dreary and uninteresting day. . . I offered a little vintage sewing box tutorial.

Who would have thought that so many people would like my little sewing box!

So, if you weren’t one of the 5,000+ people who have already downloaded it. . . and you’d like to make a little vintage sewing box too, you can pop across to here and read the tutorial and download the graphic.

 

As you can see from the photo, she’s been well used and looks a little battered and worn now. . .  but that’s okay. . . that’s vintage!

These days she’s been relegated to a shelf . . . and functions as storage for some of my vintage button stash.

Hmm. . . and now that she has come into focus again, you may even see my repurposed vintage sewing box pop up at these link parties this week.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne